Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Spray painting furniture

I love the look of hand painting. As the painter, I feel that I have more control. However, when the item being painted has lots of curves or nooks and crannies, sometimes spray paint is the way to go. I spray painted the furniture below with Rustoleum primer and then spray paint.
Garbaged picked these chairs!

I passed this up at Good Will at first. A week later it came down from $50 to $19.99!
Tips for Quality Spray Painting
  • Use a good primer! I love Rustoleum. Don't overlook this step. Just do it, and it will save you time and a headache later
  • Clean the nozzle by spraying upside down. I think this is common knowledge, but just thought I'd remind you.
  • Spray evenly up and down or side to side--not both.
  • Use at least 2 coats so no streakiness shows!
  • To ensure a smooth surface, sand lightly with 220 grit sandpaper in between. Make sure the coat of paint has fully dried!

No comments:

Post a Comment