Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Something Blue

I have sudden desires to paint with certain colors. Right now, it's blue. I'm currently working on a tall boy dresser that matches this low boy  and it will also be in the blue family.

I was doing my usual thrift store shopping at Wings Resale in Palatine, and I saw this beautiful mahogany Maddox desk.. and for only 25 dollars! I instantly saw the potential. The bones were great, hardware in perfect condition. Glass top included. I was beyond excited. It's still for sale HERE !!
Before
After

This next desk was out of my "normal" furniture category. It's fairly new. Not vintage in the slightest, but it was solid wood and was a fun project. I used my favorite stain-over-paint distressing technique and it sold quickly. 
Before

After
Driving through the neighborhood, I spotted a small three-drawer dresser in the garbage. It had really interesting hardware. I wouldn't say it was exactly my style to begin with, but it was solid wood and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment