Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Don't Throw in The Paint Brush

My dad and brother thought it was a lost cause. It was ugly. It was dirty. It even had a weird smell. It was a challenge. I ended up having to take off the drop down leaf completely because it broke. But I kept at it. The whole time I was reminding myself of my own capabilities, I can save vintage furniture. This 1920's desk was a headache. But after painting, glazing with ebony stain and then mod-podging the table top surface with newspaper, I was happy with the result. Mod podge is messy and not exactly my forte, but I managed. A boutique in Glenview ended up buying the desk and it is used in the store. I'm glad I didn't throw in the paint brush when the painting got rough.
Before
After

I lightly painted and rubbed the newspaper with a cloth so that it blended in
I added new hardware. Found at Hobby Lobby for 40% off!


No comments:

Post a Comment