Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Good Will Find: Broyhill Brasilia!

As I learn more and more about furniture, I have more and more respect for a quality made piece of furniture. Mid century furniture has been my latest fascination and I keep coming across really great pieces that I can't pass up. I even found a Broyhill Brasilia credenza at Good Will! I interrupted a morning meeting at the store because I had to get to the credenza and rip that sold sticker off of it before anyone else did. Only $30. Sold.

Restoring it was a fairly easy process because it was already in great shape.

  1. Wash with Murphy's Oil Soap for wood furniture.
  2. Wipe on Howard Restore-a-Finish in Walnut
  3. Wipe dry.
  4. About a half-hour later wipe on Howard Feed & Wax
  5. Buff until shiny :)
I was really happy with the result of Restore-a-Finish and Feed & Wax. It blended in the small scratches on the top and really made it shine. I definitely did not want to sand or strip this credenza and because of Howard products, I didn't have to!

This Broyhill Brasilia is for sale HERE

1962 Broyhill Brasilia, after restoration

No comments:

Post a Comment