Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Repurposed Army Trunks

My dad's buddy was cleaning out his garage and had two army trunks that he had no use for. They were beaten up, authentic and really interesting. They were both from WWII. I didn't know what I would do with them at first, but knew I would come up with something. I can't take all the credit, I think Pinterest subconsciously implanted the idea in my head to turn them both into coffee tables. It was super easy to turn them from trunks to coffee tables.

Here's what I did:
  1. Cut a 4x4 into 4inch by 4 inch squares.
  2. Prep the legs by priming, painting and sealing
  3. It is best to refinish the trunk completely before attaching the legs
  4. With Gorilla glue, or liquid nails, glue to the bottom of the trunk
  5. Let dry upside down for 24 hours
  6. Turn right side up and use 2-4 screws per leg
  7. That is all folks--you have yourself a trunk coffee table.
    Trunk #1 Before
     
    After





    Trunk #2 Before

    After 
    TIP: Rub petroleum jelly on the spots you want to show. After painting, wipe with a clean rag.


No comments:

Post a Comment