Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hold on to Hope

Your hope chest that is. Lot's of people don't know what to do with their Grandmother's hope chest. Don't put the for sale sign on it so quick. These are great storage chests for the end of your bed, front entrance hall or living room.

My dad's friend was cleaning out his house and didn't want the Lane hope Chest anymore and I gladly took it off his hands.  I spray painted the outside with Rustoleum White. I distressed and hand painted  the edges and the keyhole area with Rustoleum oil based paint. The inside was pretty much mint condition. I lightly sanded the cedar wood inside so that the cedar smell would be noticeable again. I also cleaned and scrubbed the green material on the folding top shelf until it was bright.




No comments:

Post a Comment