Wednesday, October 8, 2014

More MCM


Apparently, I can't get enough of MCM dressers. I'm drawn to them. The legs of MCM dressers are a lot of the time hair pin, and it makes for a visually interesting piece of furniture. Somehow those skinny legs hold up a sturdy, solid dresser.

In a Good Will out in St. Charles, I came across a Kroehler MCM dresser for only $13. It seemed a little unsteady and the hardware was there, just unattached. It turned out, there was literally one screw loose that was the cause of the wobbliness. I stained the drawers a Red Mahogany color and painted the outer sides with Rustoleum oil based black paint.
Before, but I already prepped for staining the drawers

After
 


The next MCM dresser I got a hold of was from a Craigslist ad. It was a Harmony House, Sears Roebuck dresser. Pretty good condition to start with. Solid wood drawers, veneer sides. 
Before

After
I painted the outside white, then distressed with steel wool, and that is it. I gold dipped the legs by taping off the rest of the base and spray painting with Rustoleum metallics in gold. This dresser is for sale HERE It also comes with a glass top.



No comments:

Post a Comment